Maybe you have heard of this type of energy cleanse. It is common when referring to cleansing quartzes and crystals of negative energy or reprogramming them. There is a method of cleansing crystals that uses sea salt. The crystals are put in water with sea salt and left over night or any other variation the person would like. But, there is an energetic cleanse for us non-rock substances. Since it is summer, it is beach season, making this energy cleanse super easy, fun, and accesible.
Here’s what you do:
- Go to the beach
- Jump into the ocean
- Swim around
- Go home
The point of an energetic cleanse is to remove negative energy, to cause a positive change in your life, to improve your current situation, etcetera. However, thousands of people go to the beach everyday and they do not notice or experience any changes or improvements. And why is that? Because most beach goers do not go swimming or to the beach with the intention of cleansing their energies. And so, why would their energies be cleansed when they didn’t ask for it?
But what if you do go to the beach with the intention of cleansing your energy? And what if nothing changes? What if you did the four steps above? Well, that is not enough. The steps above illustrate what everyone does when they go for an everyday beach day, not what someone who wants or needs the help of the ocean does.
So, here is what you should do:
- Set the tone for your beach day before you leave. Meditate on why you need or want an energy cleanse. If you’re a polytheist, meditate on your deity and ask his or her permission for the cleanse. Light a candle in his or her honor.
- Once you’re at the beach you don’t have to do any dramatic gestures or make any rings in the sand. Once you’re at the beach simply take in the air and be aware of how it all smells, how it makes you feel, and see. Look at the expanse of ocean, feel the sand in your hands and toes, the wind against your skin. And when you approach the ocean for a swim, do so with a humble heart.
- Before you start swimming freely, again, ask for permission to be cleansed. Ask for the cleansing and even tell why you want or need a cleanse. If you have spiritual experience, then you will know whether you have been granted permission. Remember the humility part and graciously accept either the cleansing or denial.
- Swim around and have fun. Forget about your problems.
- When leaving the ocean give thanks for allowing you to swim, for not drowning you, for not harming you, and for either denying or giving the cleanse.